“SEO”, also known as search engine optimization is one of the many ways to build traffic to your website. While many internet marketers believe the best way to build massive traffic is to focus your efforts on one type of traffic generation method, whether PPC, SEO Optimization or viral traffic, it is always good to tap into other sources of traffic. This article will give you 10 SEO optimization tips that you can start implementing in your websites or blogs immediately.
SEO or search engine optimization is not an overnight process. Your traffic will not skyrocket the next day after you start tweaking your site. It is a long process which requires consistent implementation SEO efforts to achieve your desired result. The good news is, it is a free method to generate traffic and once your site is well optimized you will reap the rewards of massive traffic. The secret – Optimizing your site with your targeted keywords.
1) Site URL – If you site URL contains the keywords you want to optimize for, it would be helpful but your site will have a ugly looking name which people might not remember. Instead, try using a unique name which is somewhat related to your business and brand your business name.
2) Headers (h1, h2)Include the keywords you are optimizing for in your h1 and h2 tags. Do not repeat keywords as it will cause a negative effect on your SEO efforts.
3) Post TitlesAlways include the your keywords in the titles of your blog posts, as they have a huge impact on search results. However, try to make your title look aesthetically appealing at the same time, a lousy title will not appeal to anyone.
4) Body TextMake sure your keyword appears on the first sentence of every the first paragraph in the blog post in either italic, bold or underlined.
5) ImagesIf you use images intensively on your site (which is not encouraged for SEO since Google Spiders cannot read images), make sure you include keywords in your alt text.
6) Back linksGet as many back links as possible from related websites with high page rank. Do not link with link farms.
7) Age of site. Older sites are favored over newer sites in terms of search engine optimization.
8) Update Frequently – Always update your website frequently with quality, fresh content.
9) Keyword density – Make sure your keyword density on your site is not more than 5 percent or you will come off as s spam site.Search for keyword density tools to measure the keyword density of your site.
10) Related keywords – Target related keywords as well. For example, internet marketing tips, internet marketing techniques, internet marketing trends.
In summary, apply consisten SEO optimzation efforts on your site and you will reap the long term benefits. Always stay on top of the latest SEO trends because google will constantly update their search engine algorithm.